P.X. Farms has a dedicated team of highly skilled individuals working with our clients to deliver tailored solutions based in the Estate Office at Scotland Farm, in the yards and fields, and out on the roads.
Estate Office Team
James Peck, Managing Director
The Peck Family have farmed at Scotland Farm since 1950. James developed a passion for farming at an early age growing up on the family estate. Working on the farm in school holidays solidified this passion and provided a clear outline for his path of further education. On returning to the family farm to apply these skills he identified an opportunity and established P.X. Farms in 2003 to expand his operations and take on additional land. The business has grown and diversified over the last 18 years as a result of his vision and enthusiasm. He has continued his professional development over this period.
His qualifications and achievements to date include:
- National Diploma in Farm Mechanisation – 1993 – 1996
- Higher National Diploma in Crop Management – 1996 – 1998
- Practical land based qualifications
- Farmers Weekly Young Farmer of the Year 2006
- Nuffield Scholar 2010
- Liveryman of Worshipful Company of Farmers 2012 and granted Freedom of City of London
- Worshipful Company of Farmers Advanced Course in Agricultural Business Management 2014
- RaboBank Global Farmers Masterclass 2014
- Member of Farmers Club
- Chairman of the Henman Brooks Committee at the Worshipful Company of Farmers
- Court Assistant of Worshipful Company of Farmers
James takes personal responsibility for all our farming agreements.
Melanie Robinson MAAT MIAgSA
We’re deeply saddened to say that Mel died following a long term battle with cancer in 2022. We miss her everyday. Mel has been with James since the beginning and her legacy will continue.
Jennie Moran, Management Accountant
Marit Fabb, Data Entry Assistant
Marit completed a GNVQ in Business Studies at Long Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge, and then went on to work as an Accounts Assistant for an automotive parts company in Cambridge. After the birth of her daughter, she returned to work part time as an Accounts Assistant for a heating oil brokers.
Joining PX Farms in April 2019 as a Data Entry Assistant, Marit is working in the Finance department for Ailis processing the Haulage invoices and inputting purchase ledger invoices.
Tom Eve, Farm Manager
Paul Barnes, Transport Manager
Steve Matthews, Grain Store Operator
- Testing and storage of crop in our storage facility
- Liaising with merchants, customers and haulage companies to control the intake and release of stock
- Managing the P.X. Farms Grain Hospital