Transport Planner – Current Vacancy
P.X. Farms Ltd is a professional and highly-skilled agribusiness dedicated to ensuring profitability for our clients and our family farm, whilst working in harmony with the countryside.
We are looking for a Transport Planner, reporting to the Transport Manager, to help drive forward expansion whilst maintaining our core haulage business standards of clean, reliable lorries. Driven by outstanding staff providing a high-quality service.
The core business of P.X. Farms is agriculture, and the lorry fleet replaces tractors and trailers for harvest work and movements in and out of the store. Farming is seasonal, and therefore there are periods during the year when the lorry fleet is under pressure, and good communication with both drivers and farm staff is vital.
The role of the Transport Planner includes working internally for the farm, the grain store, and for external third parties such as grain merchants, aggregate suppliers, and feed and flour mills.
P.X. Farms runs a smart fleet of 12 Volvo FH 500 horsepower units, each with a bulk tipper trailer. Each lorry in the fleet has full telemetrics, all-around cameras, and a load capacity of 30 tonnes. There is occasional tanker work with non-hazardous fertiliser and bulk bags with a curtainsider.
Each driver is allocated their own vehicle and trailer and is expected to take ownership of it, care for it and keep it clean and tidy, so they represent the company in a positive way.
Agricultural, haulage, traffic, and compliance knowledge and experience would be an advantage, but not wholly necessary for candidates who would be willing to learn.
Place of work: Scotland Farm, Dry Drayton
About the role:
- Sourcing work and planning vehicles ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Communicating with drivers, farmers, customers, and end-users.
- Working alongside the Transport Manager to deliver an efficient haulage department. This includes the need for clear and precise communication with external and internal customers and stakeholders.
- Providing support to the grain lab and weighbridge function.
- Coordinating the records required to complete the various compliance schemes required across the business and the DVSA.
- Providing holiday cover to the Transport Manager.
- Providing support to the Transport Manager.
- Communicating instructions to the Transport team.
- Liaising with the Farm Management team during harvest to provide transport from field to store.
- Liaising with the Finance team to ensure accurate customer invoicing (both internal and external).
- Helping implement the P.X. Farms Health and Safety policy.
- Coordinating the collation of the necessary records to complete the Red Tractor, TAASC, and LEAF audits.
- Carrying out internal audits ensuring the company’s standards are maintained.
- Full-time position for which normal hours are from 07.30am to 17.30pm and every other weekend on call if required. Longer hours during peak times e.g. harvest, will be required. Overtime will be paid.
In this role, it is essential you bring:
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent telephone skills, and ability to deal with challenging customers when arranging the collection or delivery of loads.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others and independently without supervision, including the willingness to make measured decisions when required.
- Excellent attention to detail, and accurate record keeping.
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in haulage and traffic.
- Compliance experience would be an advantage but not necessary. Full training to be provided.
- The ability to work in a busy environment at times.
Explore our YouTube channel so you can get a better idea of our operations and kit, and the great team we have behind P.X. Farms.
- We offer a competitive salary of £35,000, dependent on experience.
- 30 days annual leave, including bank holidays.
- Working hours may vary dependent on seasons and farming demands – we do shut down over the Christmas period. No holidays to be taken from 1st July to 31st October as this is one of our busiest periods.
To apply, send your full CV to the Estate Office at email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01954 210211
All applicants are treated in the strictest of confidence.
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be reviewed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.