We’re an arable farming business, based in Cambridgeshire with a great team behind the scenes. We have a vacancy for a Transport Planning Administrator to assist the Transport Planner in their daily duties, and be an integral member of the busy team.
We are looking for cover Monday to Friday, however, hours are negotiable, with additional hours paid.
Due to the nature of the business, July to October is our busiest times, so no holidays can be taken during this time.
There is 30 days holiday outside of this period including bank holidays, with a complete shutdown at Christmas.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
- To communicate with drivers, farmers, customers and end users
- To work alongside the Transport Manager to deliver an efficient Haulage department. This includes the need for clear and precise communication with external and internal customers and stakeholders
- To co-ordinate the records required to complete the various compliance schemes required across the business and the DVSA
- To provide Holiday cover to the Transport Manager.
- Provide support to the Transport Manager
- Communicate instructions to the Transport team
- Liaise with the Farm Management team during harvest to provide transport from field to store
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure accurate customer invoicing (both internal and external)
- Help implement the P X Farms Health & Safety policy.
- To co-ordinate the collation of the necessary records like completeing the Red Tractor and TASCC audits
- To carry out internal audits ensuring the companies standards are maintained.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent telephone skills, and ability to deal with challenging customers when arranging the collection or delivery of loads
- To work effectively and collaboratively with others and independently without supervision, including the willingness to make measured decisions when required
- Excellent attention to detail, and accurate record-keeping.
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Haulage and traffic
- Compliance experience would be an advantage but not necessary. Full training to be provided
- Ability to work in a busy environment at times.
Job Type: Part-time
15-25 hours per week
Salary: £15,000 – £20,000 per annum
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Loyalty bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, CB23 8AU: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location